Romney “KKK” Shirt Gets Student Bullied by Teacher in a “Dem School”
Sixteen year old girls being subjected to bullying and harassment in school is, unfortunately, not a new story. Neither is the blind support of Democrats by teachers (and more specifically, their unions). But, when the two are mixed, you are left with an even more tragic situation.
This is exactly what happened in Charles Carroll High School in Port Richmond, PA, which is part of the Philadelphia School District. Samantha Pawlucy, a student at this school, was subjected to ridicule and bullying from teachers because she exercised her free speech rights by wearing a Romney/ Ryan T-Shirt to class on October 3rd.
The district can’t even hide behind a dress code policy on this one. According to them, it was a “dress down” day, and the shirt was acceptable by dress code standards. Yet, apparently, some teachers had a different interpretation of what “dressing down” is at Charles Carroll High. Below is a summary of what Samantha was apparently subjected to by those charged with, among other things, being a role model and setting the right example in such things as civility:
- * Samantha’s math teacher instructed her to take off the shirt, which was compared to a Ku Klux Klan sheet.
- * Samantha was informed that Charles Carroll High was a “Democratic School” (had this been a history teacher, they would have recalled the connection between the Democratic party and the KKK).
- * A janitor threatened to use a magic marker on the shirt to cover up the supposedly offensive names of Romney and Ryan.
- * The teacher brought other teachers and students into class to ridicule Samantha.
- * Samantha was ordered to remove the shirt or leave class by the teacher.
According to girl’s father, Richard Pawlucy, Samantha refused to acknowledge the bullying or to leave the classroom. That is something that took a tremendous amount of courage to do, and Samantha should be commended by anyone who values our Constitution for doing so. And while the district did remove the math teacher while an investigation ensues, the name of this teacher was not released. Mr. Pawlucy rightfully has called for his termination. Had this guy worked in a private school, it most likely would have already happened.
Amazing how that teacher’s union rights are somehow more important than the 1st Amendment ones of Samantha, as well as her reasonable expectation not to be subjected to bullying by adults.Tags: big government, Domestic Issues, Education, election 2012, mitt romney, Politics, The Loony Left, unions