Common Sense Commentary: George W. Bush Continues To Haunt Us
Time for a little Common Sense head check. What does a bad economy, high unemployment, record deficits, declining prestige abroad and the worst environmental calamity of its kind in US history all have in common? If you said they’re all challenges poorly met by President Obama, then you’re ok. If, on the other hand, you said they all stem from the Presidency of one George W. Bush, then I’m afraid it’s confirmed…you’re suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome. And judging by the analysis of some of the usual suspects in the old media, it looks like you’re not alone.
Even though he maintains a low profile these days, Former President George W. Bush continues to haunt us. With all the problems we’re already facing—and now a massive oil spill on the Gulf Coast to deal with—well, it’s just another mess the Obama administration is forced to clean up…and all thanks to President Bush and those dreadful eight years he was in office. Just ask any Obama supporter, and they’ll tell you how the Bush years are complicating the glorious era of hope and change. Conservative columnist Chuck Green details some of the promises Bush’s failed Presidency has failed to keep (according to the Obama-trons):
– He broke Obama’s promise to end earmarks.
– He broke Obama’s promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.
– He broke Obama’s promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.
– He broke Obama’s promise to make peace with direct, no pre-condition talks with America’s most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.
– He broke Obama’s promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.
– He broke Obama’s promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.
– He broke Obama’s promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.
– He broke Obama’s promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.
Now if only we had a President come forward and accept responsibility, maybe we could see some change for the good. Someone in the old media should ask Press Secretary Gibbs if he knows who that President is. Here’s a hint: it ain’t Bush!Tags: Barack Obama, common sense commentary, george w bush, North Dakota News, scott hennen